2017 Cross Country State Tournament - Oct. 13Updated Tuesday October 3, 2017 by NCHE Athletic Commission.
Coaches, ADs and Team Administrators,
We are excited about our upcoming NCHEAC State Cross Country Championship meet. It will be held on Friday, October 13th at Hagan Stone Park in Pleasant Garden, NC. . The park will be open all day for a walk thru of the course. It will be essentially the same course design as last year.
Time: Boys Race is at 4 PM; Girls Race at 5:00 PM; Award Ceremony – After girls race scoring completed
1) Come to the green registration tent to confirm the runners who will be with you for the meet and to pick up the map for your program.
2) You may do your walk thru of the course with your program, but there will not be a group walk thru since we will have over 150 runners.
3) The boys race will be completed before the girls start their race.
4) Timing will done via video timing in the racing bib with each runner wearing a numbered bib, but the clock will be turned off at 45 minutes.
5) The awards ceremony will not occur until after the girls race
We will need some volunteers from each of the programs. If we have 1 volunteer from each boys team and each girls team, that will allow us to use the spotters from the girls team to be on the course during the boys race and the spotters from the boys team to be on the course during the girls race. Since we will have video timing, we will not need to have any one timing with stop watches, but we will use some volunteers to give out place markers at the end of the chute. We will also need 2 people at the registration table to check runners and teams in. Please provide me with the name of your volunteer 1 week before the meet to aide in the administration of the meet.
Middle School and Varsity Runners
For determining the team champions for the boys or girls divisions, all boys or girls from your program will be timed and the top 5 (regardless of age) will count toward the TEAM championship. For determining INDIVIDUAL awards, all runners who were already 14 on August 1st will automatically be scored in the varsity division and those 13 or younger on August 1st will be scored in the middle school division.
The following trophies will be awarded:
1) Boys Varsity Team Champion
2) Boys Varsity Team Runner-Up
3) Girls Varsity Team Champion
4) Girls Varsity Team Runner-up
The following medals will be awarded:
5 medals for the Varsity Boys Championship team
5 medals for the Varsity Girls Championship team
5 medals for varsity boys places 1-5
5 medals for varsity girls places 1-5
5 medals for middle school boys places 1-5
5 medals for middle school girls places 1-5